Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Random Thoughts

Nothing has tickled my fancy lately in the sports world enough to write an entire column, but there are still some things that I want to give my thoughts on.

-Do you realize that the two most polarizing athletes in the United States right now are white? Tim Tebow and Ricky Rubio are both taking their sports by storm.....are they popular because they're white, I don't think so. Both are great players and have the "it" factor that makes someone go from star to superstar.

-Watch out for Kobe Bryant, he was ranked the seventh best player in the league by ESPN.com and he's not taking it well. After dropping 48 points on the Phoenix Suns he was quoted as saying "Not bad for the 7th best player in the league". Something tells me that much like Jordan, Kobe isn't someone that you want to piss off. This is bad news for the rest of the western conference and the NBA.

-Do you realize that New England could play Tim Tebow, TJ Yates, and Alex Smith in their next three games? That's the only way that they are going to win the Superbowl because let's be honest, Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers would throw for 650 yards and 8 touchdowns against the Patriots defense.

-I saw an interview with Manny Ramirez on ESPN recently. He seems legitimately apologetic for everything he did and contrite with his responses. I know, I know, I'm a sucker but I'd love to see him back in a Red Sox uniform......can he really be worse than Carl Crawford? Stick Manny back out in left field, Crawford in right and Ellsbury in center....now that's an outfield that has high potential. At the very least David Ortiz would love it.

-Lebron recently announced that he's getting married to his long time girlfriend. Did Dwyane Wade teach you NOTHING?!? I'll say it again, if you are a famous athlete then DON'T GET MARRIED! Unless that is of course you want to lose half of your money and most likely be involved in a messy divorce at some point.......hey Hulk Hogan.

-This happened on Monday......I'm still trying to process it...


Is there anything MORE entertainingly hilarious than a fat man dancing? I say no.

-While I was killing time watching youtube videos, I remembered how great Vince Carter used to be at dunking the basketball. I don't think he gets enough credit for being the greatest dunker of all time......probably because he's also missing a heart and has no passion, the most frustrating player of all time. In the words of Kenny Smith "It's OVER, Let's go home"




-BCS Game: I know it stands for Bowl Championship Series, but when it's Alabama vs LSU it should have stood for Boring Championship Series ( I know that's not very witty). That game was a snooze fest. Let's make a rule, a championship game always has to have at least one offense that's capable of scoring 60 points. If you're a football purist and love defensive battles that's great, but I'll take a 50-48 shootout over that any day.

-The Bruins are on fire right now. What else can you say except that they have two of the best goaltenders in the league and probably the best offense. I don't watch as much hockey as I'd like, but I don't see how this team can possibly lose a seven game series.

-I'll throw in a little free pub here....check out the latest song from up and coming 17 year old rapper, CJ The Kid.


-To wrap up these random thoughts, I'll throw in the announcement that this Saturday, January 14th, I'll be heading down to Massachusetts to live the dream one more time. For those of you that don't know me, that means I'm going down to a one day wrestling camp for the second time in my life. I know, I'm a loser, but who doesn't have their quirks?

Thanks for reading, leave a comment, go back and read all my other blogs, become a follower, and be sure to follow me on twitter @Joshviola19.
-Josh

1 comment: